OCHAP Mission and Objectives
Incorporated in November 1990, the Ottawa-Carleton Headstart Association for
Preschools (OCHAP) is an organization representing staff, parents and Board members
of Headstart Preschools, licensed under the Ministry of Community and Social Services,
Day Nurseries Act of Ontario.
OCHAP was established in response to the urgent need for advocacy and networking
among Headstart programs dealing with issues of poverty, family stress, public
housing, multiculturalism and other factors affecting child development.
OCHAP's stated purpose is:
- To support and advocate for Headstart Preschool programs,
- To advocate and inform the community about early enrichment programs for young
- To provide a central body to coordinate services to families with young children,
- To advocate on behalf of families participating in member schools,
- To offer continuing education opportunities to early childhood educators and
- To support parent education programs.
Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved